Halo Reach Forge World Community
Welcome to our Forge World Community Smile
Welcome to our Forge World Community Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building A Better Halo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cool Things in Forge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hypersomniac
Admin
Admin
Hypersomniac

Cool Things in Forge Empty
PostSubject: Cool Things in Forge   Cool Things in Forge EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:08 am

Ok so last night I checked out one of Super Beast's map. Great map by the way, can't wait to see the finished product

Anyway, he has figured out some really cool things with the "One Way Shield Doors."

First, It doesn't matter how far you fall. If you it a "One Way Shield Door" (I'm going to shorten that to OWSD) while falling it cushions the fall, no damage taken. Also just to be more specific, you need to hit the red side that does not allow you to pass through.

Second, It sucks you in. While playing on his map I realized that if I jumped into a shield door from below, it will suck you straight up through it. Meaning that you could potentially make an elevator with the effect.
One way that Superbeast applied this, was through shooting you across a ceiling (with a man cannon) and then using the OWSD to suck you up to the next floor.

I think this has great potential.

I'm excited to see what people make from this.

If you have any question regarding these techniques just download Superbeast's map.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=SuperBeast420
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=633913546
SuperBeast
Hunter
Hunter
SuperBeast

Cool Things in Forge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Things in Forge   Cool Things in Forge EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks for the recommendation. I was just getting ready to post on the elevator discovery. I plan to finish my map soon and will be working on it alot in the next few days. Hope to have it ready to test by Saturday if people would be interested helping me test it. I have read up on the invasion link you posted and it has some really great information in there. I have a great idea with the one way shield surrounding the spaceship until one of the objectives is complete to lower the shields. I'm starting to think of having the Marines take the bomb to the spaceship kind of like a deliver hope invasion game.
Back to top Go down

Cool Things in Forge
Page 1 of 1