Halo Reach Forge World Community
Welcome to our Forge World Community Smile
Welcome to our Forge World Community Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building A Better Halo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solo Legendary

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jinn Remona
Jackel
Jackel
Jinn Remona

Solo Legendary Empty
PostSubject: Solo Legendary   Solo Legendary EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:05 am

Rarely have I tried this hard for a single Achievement, but I finally managed to pull it off, and I am so satisfied with myself now. Have any of you all tried taking on this challenge yet?
Back to top Go down
Annihil88tor
Admin
Admin
Annihil88tor

Solo Legendary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Legendary   Solo Legendary EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:42 am

I have tried it but I'm going to probally do it in a few weeks. Do a little here and there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/annihil88torr
SuperBeast
Hunter
Hunter
SuperBeast

Solo Legendary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Legendary   Solo Legendary EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:57 am

Haven't really got on the campaign yet, but plan to try later. How is the legendary difficulty on this one?
Back to top Go down
Jinn Remona
Jackel
Jackel
Jinn Remona

Solo Legendary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Legendary   Solo Legendary EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:32 pm

Amazingly difficult if you're unprepared. I used to be the rush in and gun everything/melee type of player in Halo, but with the release of Reach, the sheer difficulty jump from the older games forced me to learn new tactics. Like what weapons effect what enemies the most, where enemies come from and when. Where to hide, where health packs are. Conserving ammo. It's fun, but still difficult enough to challenge you.
Back to top Go down
SuperBeast
Hunter
Hunter
SuperBeast

Solo Legendary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Legendary   Solo Legendary EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks!....that's good to know and I do like a challenge. Would you recommend taking it on with friends first? I heard that the difficulty was scaled to where more players means more enemies. So would it be easier to go it alone or with a group first?
Back to top Go down
Jinn Remona
Jackel
Jackel
Jinn Remona

Solo Legendary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Legendary   Solo Legendary EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Your best bet is most likely with friends first. With friends, you have infinite spawns without losing progress as long as someone stands back. This gives you time to look around for Weapons in the area, come up with Personal Strategies, adjust to the difficulty.

The best advice I can offer for now that took me awhile to finally take to heart and actually use, is the noob combo. For the first long while, carry a Plasma Pistol on you at all times if you can. Also, carry either a DMR, Pistol or Needle Rifle with you as well. Together, you can crush Elites that get in your way. Grunts and Jackals are as easy as always. One shot for normal Grunts, two for Masked Grunts. Jackals, just shoot the open spot on their shield, and while they're staggering, pop them in the head.

The real fun starts when you're introduced to the Brutes for the first time in the story. They are resistant to bullets, so keep your distance for awhile. At this point, start picking up Needlers and Needler Rifles and always carry them with you. 5 Needles from either gun with drop any non-shielded Brute. Shielded Brutes are rare, but if you have a Plasma Pistol laying nearby, you know what you have to do.

Take the game slow. Don't worry about dying. As I've learned in video games, From Death, Comes Experience. The more you die, the more likely you are to realize just what you're doing wrong, and find new and creatives ways to get through it. Oh. And Drop Shield. If you find one. Take it, Never let it go. So helpful on Legendary. Especially with the amount of damage enemies do.
Back to top Go down
SuperBeast
Hunter
Hunter
SuperBeast

Solo Legendary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Legendary   Solo Legendary EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:15 pm

Thanks for the advice!....I'll keep the noob tactic in mind when in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Hypersomniac
Admin
Admin
Hypersomniac

Solo Legendary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Legendary   Solo Legendary EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:30 pm

This was the first Achievement that I went for. I love the difficulty jump. Just like Jinn said, you have to learn new tactics and learn to conserve ammo.

I love the sheer satisfaction of getting 370 gamerscore at once. I got all the difficulty achievements at once, plus the one for beating it on your own, and the weekly challenge.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=633913546
Dizzyman572
Grunt
Dizzyman572

Solo Legendary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Legendary   Solo Legendary EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 10:16 pm

I love Lagendary In Halo Reach. I just beat the campaign the other day and I'm already itching for another playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Solo Legendary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Legendary   Solo Legendary Empty

Back to top Go down

Solo Legendary
Page 1 of 1