Halo Reach Forge World Community
Welcome to our Forge World Community Smile
Welcome to our Forge World Community Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building A Better Halo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foraging for forge details

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperBeast
Hunter
Hunter
SuperBeast

Foraging for forge details Empty
PostSubject: Foraging for forge details   Foraging for forge details EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:46 am

I'm never good at introductions, but love the idea of this community and can't wait to see what comes from it. I've been working on a project and discovering the limitations of forge and what can be done. I do have a few questions and just wondering if I'm overlooking some of the options.

1. Can you invert items? For instance, I'm using the staircase on one side of the hanger and I want to use it on the other side, but have it look symetrical.

2. Can you make an object spawn after a certain amount of time has gone by in the game? I know you can set respawn timers, but isn't that only used for objects that can be destroyed?

3. Can you make an object disappear after a certain amount of time? I have some insane ideas if you can.

Also, if you guys had just one feature you would add to forge what would it be?
Back to top Go down
Jinn Remona
Jackel
Jackel
Jinn Remona

PostSubject: Re: Foraging for forge details   Foraging for forge details EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:45 am

Welcome to the community. Hope to hear some more from you in the near future.

As for your questions, I'm still pretty new to Forge as well, so those questions are those that I can't personally answer yet. Except, one feature I would crave so much to have in Forge, is a Tutorial. Would make things SO much easier.
Back to top Go down
Hypersomniac
Admin
Admin
Hypersomniac

PostSubject: Re: Foraging for forge details   Foraging for forge details EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:27 pm

First off, welcome to the community.

As for the 3 questions you have, I'll take a look around and experiment with it to see if I can get you some answers

And for something to make forge better. I would add simply paths, to create things such as Elevators or Conveyor lines.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=633913546
SuperBeast
Hunter
Hunter
SuperBeast

PostSubject: Re: Foraging for forge details   Foraging for forge details EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:15 pm

I agree, that would be pretty cool. As happy as I am with it, I hold out hope that bungie will add to forge with DLC.
Back to top Go down
Hypersomniac
Admin
Admin
Hypersomniac

PostSubject: Re: Foraging for forge details   Foraging for forge details EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:45 am

Definitely I'm also hoping we could get some kind of description for each item. To help with things like weak/anti-spawns so we know what they do.
Back to top Go down
SuperBeast
Hunter
Hunter
SuperBeast

PostSubject: Re: Foraging for forge details   Foraging for forge details EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:40 am

Sorry bout my girlfriend killing you guys when trying to explain stuff. Like I said she gets bored with forge pretty quick and just likes to play around. She is interested though in what kind of maps get created in forge. She's even looking into creating her own and I'm trying to encourage her, but most of the time she just feels like shooting people. I love you

Back to top Go down
Hypersomniac
Admin
Admin
Hypersomniac

PostSubject: Re: Foraging for forge details   Foraging for forge details EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:56 am

No problem bro, My Wife is the exact same way in Halo. Except I don't think I could even get here remotely interested in trying to build a forge map.
Back to top Go down
Pmptendo
Jackel
Jackel
Pmptendo

PostSubject: Re: Foraging for forge details   Foraging for forge details EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Welcome !!

I would really love to see descriptions of Items and whatnot, DLC would be wicked !!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Pmptendo
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foraging for forge details   Foraging for forge details Empty

Back to top Go down

Foraging for forge details
Page 1 of 1